Aston Manor Cider
Location: Birmingham – HGV Garage Design & Build.
Client requirement: Aston Manor is the largest independently owned cider maker in the UK. It has a production and packaging facility in Birmingham, orchards in Worcestershire and Herefordshire and a further production and packaging facility at Tiverton in Devon. The family run firm wished to extend their Group Headquarters and National Distribution Centre in Aston adjacent to the M6 motorway by commissioning a new HGV garage within their existing service yard so they could service their fleet of vehicles on site. UK Workspace was selected to undertake the works following a competitive tendering process.
Space: 4600 sq.ft.
- Manage and co-ordinate the design to provide a cost effective turnkey project
- Upgrade the incoming gas supply to the main building
- Erect steel frame and construct building shell
- Undertake internal fit out of garage and office accommodation
- Install new locker rooms and toilet accommodation and drainage for the new building
- Install new heating system and undertake electrical installation and co-ordinate the installation of garage equipment and compressed air
- Reconfigure the service yard to create ramped access to new garage